Spanish Beginner Courses
We offer Academic courses for schooling students, general courses for those who want to learn, and also the specialised courses.
Agape School of Education Beginner consists of three levels of 18 hours each (Beginner 1, 2 & 3). The passage from one level to another is based on the results of internal examination.
At this level, you can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Students develop speaking, reading, listening and writing skills.
- The methodology utilized in class is conversational with constant oral participation of all students and is conductive to the learning of important phrases, correct structuring of statements and questions and proper pronunciation.
- This course focuses in the presentation, teaching and drilling of nouns and their modifiers, question words, numbers, prepositions, verbs, and adverbs of time.
- The basic actions covered include intention, obligation, desire, capability and progressive.
- By the end of the course, students will be able to express themselves with statements and questions with the fundamental vocabulary learned applicable to innumerable situations of every day conversation.
Pre-requisite: Have successfully completed Beginner 1
- The application and usage of the basic five actions are expanded through consistent drills in first, second and third person singular and plural.
- Additional new concepts include basic adverbs of time like days of the week, time, dates and their application in conversation with the five basic actions.
- This level not only expands vocabulary, but also provides students an opportunity to further practice and expand the basic skills acquired in the first segment.
- The difference in usage of Estar and Ser, introduced in level 1, are also largely covered in this level.
18 hours in total (1.5 hours per session)